This creamy soup by Love.Food.Asia. is super simple and also delicious. With just a handful ingredients you get a soup that also can be served for a special dinner to impress your family or friends.
Time to prepare: 15 minutes
Time to cook: 20 minutes
Servings: 8 plates
- 500g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 300g carrots, peeled and cut into chunk
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tbs ghee (Read: How to make your own Ghee)
- 1 tbs yellow curry paste
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs tumeric
- 1 pn cumin
- 800 ml vegetable stock (Use: Love.Food.Asia. Veggie Paste)
- 500 ml coconut milk
- Heat oven to 220 C and put sweet potatoes and carrots into a large roasting tin, drizzled with 2 tbs sesame oil, tumeric and cumin.
- Roast the veggies in the oven for 25-30 mins or until caramelised and tender.
- Meanwhile heat ghee in a sauce pan and stir fry onions until golden brown.
- Add garlic and stir for 1 min before adding the stock.
- Simmer for 5-10 mins until the onions are very soft, then set aside.
- Pour coconut milk into saucepan.
- Once the roasted veg is done, leave to cool a little, then transfer to the saucepan and use a hand blender to process until smooth.
- Serve with fresh Thai Basil.