Last year in pumpkin season we made this Thai Pumpkin Soup with Crispy Topping. This year we made it even more simple but less delicious. This easy recipe combines the Asian flavors with the typical taste of pumpkins.
Time to prepare: 20 minutes
Time to cook: 25 minutes
- 1 big hokkaido pumpkin (1kg, seedless)
- 20 g ginger root, peeled & grated
- 2 big carrots, chopped
- 2 big potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 3 tbs yellow curry paste
- 2 tbs palm sugar
- 5 tbs sherry (medium dry)
- 1 tbs Basic Veggie Paste (For Stock)
- 1 pn cumin
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 800 ml coconut milk
- Fry onions in oil until lightly brown.
- Add garlic and ginger. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add yellow curry paste and palm sugar.
- Let sugar caramelize and pour in sherry.
- Stir in carrots, potatoes and pumpkin.
- Pour in water until veggies are covered. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour in coconut milk and mix soup with a blender.
Serve with Roti like our Roti Canai and roasted peanuts.