The korma paste is an important ingredient in the Indian kitchen. Many meals have the “korma” base. This is our easy and fast recipe for your own korma paste.
Time to prepare: 10 minutes
Time to cook: 5 minutes
Servings: 1 glass Korma Paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 cm (thumb size) fresh ginger
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp himalaya salt (or sea salt)
- 2 tbs peanut oil
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 2 fresh green chillies
- 3 tbs desiccated coconut
- 2 tbs ground almonds
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
I love to smell the roasted herbs when you roast them!! Hmmm!
- Peel garlic and ginger.
- Put a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add spices and lightly roast in the dry pan.
- After a few minutes (when brown and smelling delicious) remove from heat.
- Add the toastet spices to a mortar and grind until fine.
- Add to a food processor and mix until it´s powder.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until you have a smooth paste.